LECOM RN to Pharmd program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonizondi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it get any worse than this ? LECOM now has a pharmd program for Registered nurses. Why can't we have a pharmd to MD? Only physicians are immuned from this bullcrap

RN to PharmD Bridge Program - LECOM Education System

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a PharmD to NP program? I just want to sit there and write Zpac and Cheratussin scripts all day.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So why would a nurse want to be a pharmacist? Isn't that a downgrade these days?

Reactions: 3 users
are physicians really immune? any body really immune these days?

we need a pharmd to rn program for all the pharmacists that can't find a job.

Reactions: 3 users
Does it get any worse than this ? LECOM now has a pharmd program for Registered nurses. Why can't we have a pharmd to MD? Only physicians are immuned from this bullcrap

RN to PharmD Bridge Program - LECOM Education System
Hold your horses guys— If I’m reading this correctly then by doing this bridge program then you don’t get a degree out of it, just the necessary prereqs needed to enter a PharmD program. So basically this is a post-bacc program. How does it feel to be scammed into paying another $15-20k tuition BEFORE you have to take out another $200k+ in loans for an actual PharmD program?

Reactions: 5 users
Hold your horses guys— If I’m reading this correctly then by doing this bridge program then you don’t get a degree out of it, just the necessary prereqs needed to enter a PharmD program. So basically this is a post-bacc program. How does it feel to be scammed into paying another $15-20k tuition BEFORE you have to take out another $200k+ in loans for an actual PharmD program?

Yeah I don't get it. They also have a program called the Pre-PharmD program. They'll create anything to grab the attention of these kids.

If I were single just starting out I would do travel nursing. Get paid more and visit nice places for free.

Reactions: 1 user
Every friend I have who is a nurse loathes pharmacology. They think I'm a super nerd for "memorizing a dictionary" of drugs and side effects

are physicians really immune? any body really immune these days?

Physicians are definitely not immune. There is mid-level encroachment left and right. Also, the same people in suits are creeping into hospital administration...they have already started bean counting. Reimbursements are down as well. I think all of healthcare will be in for a dramatic shift in the coming years as the current status quo really isn't sustainable. Only go in knowing that you like the field and would do it regardless.

My wife as an rn makes over $40 hour, plus weekend and night differential. Why would she spend 4 to 5 years on a degree that doesn't offer a big step up in salary? In 2 years she could be a NP making close to what a pharmacist does. Maybe schools are this desperate for students?

Reactions: 2 users
So its an extra year for RN to take prereq to enter pharmacy school. Seems unnecessary and absolute money grab to have a degrees! It is not like you can use both degrees at once.

Now for the Lecom pharmacy path, am i reading it right that ..4 years of "distance learning" meaning online degree at lecom? Smh.