LECOM vs. OHSU (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cire182

Reaction score
I'm from California, so I'm OOS for both schools. LECOM would be cheaper, but I'm leaning more towards OHSU because of location (also a lot closer to home), weather (I prefer the cold), P/F, more established school, environment...Any thoughts?

LECOM: ~94k a year
OHSU: ~110k a year

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What’s the price difference?

If it’s a similar cost, then I’d say OHSU since you seem to prefer that school.

Members don't see this ad :)
about 70k difference
LECOM total: ~376k
OHSU total: ~440k

On a 10 yr repayment, it's roughly $4500 vs $5500 per month once you factor in compounding interest for a 10yr plan. So cost wise, you'll have to determine if OHSU is worth the extra $1k a month for 10 years.

I personally enjoyed LECOM. Only thing that I don't like is that there have supposedly been talks of them increasing the class size to 150 whereas OHSU is much much smaller. I haven't heard much about OHSU nor have I been there so I can't really comment on them.

Reactions: 1 user
LECOM total: ~376k
OHSU total: ~440k

On a 10 yr repayment, it's roughly $4500 vs $5500 per month once you factor in compounding interest for a 10yr plan. So cost wise, you'll have to determine if OHSU is worth the extra $1k a month for 10 years.

I personally enjoyed LECOM. Only thing that I don't like is that there have supposedly been talks of them increasing the class size to 150 whereas OHSU is much much smaller. I haven't heard much about OHSU nor have I been there so I can't really comment on them.
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user