LECOM vs. Pitt (IS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjw5436

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to LECOM and U of Pitt Dental schools. I like both schools, but am having a hard time deciding on the one that's right for me. Can someone give me some insight on pros and cons of each school..

Members don't see this ad.

What is your state of residency?
Do you know Pitt Dental is on top of a massive hill (absolute pain to walk up) ?
Do you like LECOM's PBL learning style (many don't) ?
Which school guarantees you more chair time in clinic (2 days a week vs 5 days a week)?
Are you ok relocating completely for your D4 year at LECOM ?

There are may things to consider..

Reactions: 1 user
lecom have to relocate 4th year but cheaper
pitt has hard first years because it is extremely didactic heavy
depends on your state of residency too

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Pennsylvania resident. I'm leaning towards LECOM because I like the overall environment better. I also think I'll get more clinical experience at LECOM. But Pitt has a great program with many students going into specialty programs after. I had a really great experience at PITT interacting with the students and faculty as well.

I don’t chime in on this type of threads unless, in my opinion, it’s a very easy one...Pitt!

I think Pitt! It is an amazing opportunity for you. But if you truly liked the environment of LECOM better, go where you will be happiest