LECOM vs. Temple Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentistboii

Reaction score
I recently got accepted to Temple dental (which has always been my #1), but I have already put my deposit down at LECOM. I'm curious if anyone has any insight on the two schools? I'm a PA resident, but I loved LECOM when I visited. I'm just hesitant about LECOM's style of learning (PBL). If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the loss for the deposit.... Go to Temple... you'll get a better education.

Reactions: 1 user
im really curious why you guys think temple has a better education. I go to LECOM and I feel like im getting a great education. PBL made school way less stressfull than it had to be.

My advice is to go to the cheaper school.

Sidenote, one of our preceptors was a preceptor at temple who left because he preferred florida weather and said we get much more clinical experience considering the way our clinics are set up all year and with fourth years in a different location.

Most schools have no plan currently for clinic and many students are just sitting and waiting. Our clinic is up and running currently with extra precautions and limited access/procedures. Id imagine once regulations are lightened we will be one of the first schools to go back to normal.

Also our adex licensing scores are well above the national average now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Temple hands down, LECOM is essentially blacklisted at many speciality programs... awful graduates

I find this hard to believe considering our specialization rates have always been high. This past years class had 7 people match into a peds programs and in 2018 this is what the specialization rates looked like:

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match
Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

Also our adex scores are higher than than national average by a significant margin now.

No one has been able to give credible evidence on how LECOM has underperformed since the initial hiccups it had when it first opened.