LECOM waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soon 2 B Doc 2

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on the waiting/alternate list have been taken off the LECOM list yet? Or do you know anyone who has? Does anyone know when they start taking their candidates off the list? And does anyone know what percentage of their list they select from...since I heard several DO schools select nearly everyone from their list...has anyone heard of this from LECOM? Good luck to everyone in their getting their acceptances!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from LECOM?!?? :scared:
I hope you hear from them SOON! :love:

They said they won't start taking people off until after July sometime. Yes, I know the med school starts august 4th, so it gives you no time to be prepared and all, but oh well. I don't know how many are on the list. i am waitlisted and when I called in March they explained to me that is is usually a list of around 30 people. This could incorrect though by now, i am not sure. Yeah, i hope we all hear something SOON. i hate this waiting!!!!!!I can't say it enough!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,
I am also waitlisted at LECOM and have also heard NOTHING, this waiting game is getting rough! Looks like we're all in the same boat, good luck:)

a friend of mine is also on the waitlist, and he wrote a letter to the dean, the president, and one of his interviewers. there are some sites online about what to do if you're waitlisted. i would check them out if i were you guys -- its important that you make LECOM aware that you are really interested and would go if accepted. i'll be there on august 4th, i hope to see you guys there-good luck!

Thanks for the advice raspberry swirl....3 more days until the start of July!!! There should be movement on the list soon, any updates anyone???

I too am waitlisted at LECOM.

Have not heard anything since I sent out my letter claiming my continued interest in attending the university.

good luck everyone

I just got off the waitlist yesterday. I got into IBL but I want to switch into LBL. Anybody know if thats possible. Thanks.

Dr. Jenni-- how did they let you know about getting off the waitlist-- phone, email, regular mail?

First they called and then sent a letter.

Can somebody answer my above post (if accepted into ISP, one can switch to LBL before classes begin? )

I called LECOM yesterday and LEigh Ann told me they have started accepting people off the waitlist. Is there anyone out there who's been taken off besides Dr. Jenny?? I'm growing anxious. I applied to the post bacc and I'm afraid ad coms is going to not place as much emphasize on me bc i'm attending there anyways. I would REALLY REALLY like to get off the list this year though. can anyone help??

Hey everyone, they will only take you off the waitlist if you write to them and let them know that you have changed your mind about the path you chose and you feel that ISP will best compliment your style of learning. Trust me, just do this and call and you WILL get in. But dont do it if you dont want to attend LECOM cuz you are hurting others' chances of being accepted there and messing up their dreams. I declined acceptance as soon as I could so my spot could be available for others. If anybody who has a genuine interest in going there, please dont waste any time and write an email to them letting them know you are interested in ISP. The day you get your acceptance for ISP, you can switch from ISP to LBL and even into PBL. Or you can even stay in ISP cuz its a great program. People who are LBL and PBL actually have a tuff time getting into ISP. So think bout it before you switch. But its all about the acceptance no matter what path, so please write and call them as much as you can to show your interest. There is still space, trust me on that. Good luck to everyone. And also, I am not doing this for any other purpose than to help the current people on the waitlist. I understand the position some people are in, I was in the same position not too long ago. So no critics please. Anyway, good luck everyone. Hope you all the best, LECOM is one of the best med schools out there, so keep trying.

Hey DrJenni,
If you don't mind my asking, where are you going instead? Just curious, not looking for a fight or anything!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.Jenni~

Just wondering where you are getting all of this information from?

hrmmm

this makes my decision all that more difficult now, if I try for teh ISP thing at LECOM. Officially still wait listed though.

Drop foreign MD (2/3 through the 1st semester at Ross) and go DO or stay here and finish out a FMG.

Has anyone else been off the list besides Dr. Jenni? If you are on waiting list, please say that you are, just so we know how many are in the same boat. And if you have been taken off, also tell us so we know how many has been taken off. Thanks.

I'm still on the list!

I am still on the waiting list also.

still on the list and waiting anxiously.

Hey everyone-- I got the acceptance call today! Actually, LECOM called me two days ago asking if I was interested in doing ISP and I said that I was. They then reviewed my file yesterday, and today I got the call. I do know that there are some seats left, and I believe she said something some more opening up. I hope to see everyone there... in 3 weeks! (I still can't believe it!)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Make sure you look at the LECOM 2007 get-together post....

Becky

congratulations!!! you earned it!!! I Pmed you with a few questions....i'm glad to hear spots are opening up..

Congratulations Neeja! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks everyone! I was just wondering if we were supposed to get the book list now or at orientation. I know it was mentioned in another post, but I can't seem to find it.

Also- is anyone else in ISP?

Thanks!

OK, there's not even two weeks left before LECOM starts and I don't think I can take much more of this anxiety! I'm still on, I was just wondering if anyone else on there is still on who hasn't posted yet, or if anyone has gotten off recently?? Hopefully this will all be over soon....:mad:

still waiting, still hoping ....

so lecom's orientation starts tomorrow...anybody other waitlisters feelin a little *****y right now besides me? and Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself right now. I'm sorry but it's depressing!:( :(

Kylie...

Hang in there. If you are in post-bacc, then you are almost guaranteed acceptance next year. In addition, you will have a leg up on all of the other students when you are in Gross Anatomy. Almost every former post-bacc student I knew last year had pretty good grades in their MSI year. Don't be discouraged! You will make it!;)

Kylie,

There was a kid that came today and only found out about his acceptance the day before or something crazy like that! So, don't give up just yet!!! We may just be saving you a seat! :)

they accept up until Aug 4th?

/me bites his nails ...

Thank you for the words of encouragement sddoc and KristenE....Imbebo, i heard they take people off the first week of class in case somebody drops....

However, personally, I'm really beginnin to think they are not lookin at my app so much bc i am signed up for post bacc..and if that is the case, well, they'll be hearing from me....it's just a matter of fairness, not personal egotism...I just hope they're not sitting there thinkin, oh, let's get another 24,000 out of this one...I hope they are looking at who has written letters, called, etc. That's all I'm sayin..if I don't get in this year and do post bacc so be it, I'll be ahead and everything, but I can't say I didn't try.

Not that it helps you out at all, but I hope you do hear good news soon. I feel really frustrated for you, reading your posts and stuff. Good luck!

that isnt true actually... i was apparently at the top of the leucom waiting list and i got rejected... apparently all of their seats are filled... this is so bad... that was the only school i had a chance to get into.. i guess its carribean for me in january :-( (PS im on my friends screen name.. im not a member of student doctor but i will be soon)

Thanks hermione.

dmbwb69, I'm glad to hear that isn't neccesarily true. Some kid just got off the waitlist yesterday, so they are still taking some people off. I hope you get off too, but if not, I'm sure you'll do just fine at the carribbean school..don't be discouraged, like hermione and others, say, we will make it! It'll just take me longer, haha...:(

i don't mean to create false hopes, but my friend got off lecom's waitlist THIS MORNING. he's driving up here tomorrow. because lecom starts so early, and other schools are still in the intial stages of going through their waitlists, spots WILL be opening up as lecom students hear from other places which may be their first choices. it all depends on exactly when lecom stops accepting new people. and i'm sure that also depends on how many people drop.

Yeah, I know someone dropped out of orientation yesterday due to family reasons, so he probably took her spot. DOn't worry about creating false hopes, nothing could bring me to feel the slightest bit better about my dull future.
I'm gonna go jump off a cliff now, anyone wanna join.....

I'll jump off with ya, but only into a cool blue lagoon or something.

I get anxious everytime I open up my email or talk to my parents, hoping/praying that they have something good to tell me.

but everytime I walk away feeling a little less hopeful.

just an update...

someone quit lecom today bc they got in at ross...i don't know if they actually accept now. but who knows. just wanted to let us waitlisters know....
Personally, I know I don't stand a chance..but maybe someone else does.

well...
Im hoping one of us gets it Kylie.

g/l...

me too Imbebo, keeping my fingers crossed for us!

waitlist is closed :(

not the best news....but I was wondering, are they goin to let us know this anytime soon? If I hadn't looked on this website, I wouldn't even know that the waitlist closed. I heard from someone they actually accept up until after the first week, so I would be sitting here waiting still. If I get my rejection letter any day now, that'd make me feel better, but as of now, I'm a little mad they haven't let me know!

I asked over email and I was told the waitlist was closed and that letters would be sent out over snail mail telling us so officially.

sorry :(

thanks for the info Imbebo!hey, are u doin the post bacc??? I am.