berryzcute
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. Appreciate your thoughts on this matter. I know it's a tricky topic but I'm hoping you can give it to be straight.
I was dismissed (shows up as a voluntary withdrawal) from med school for failing boards too many times. Before med school, I was an RN (worked ICU for a year, med/surg for 6 years). Thankfully I can go back to being an RN so it's not like I'm out of a job or have nothing to show for my years. I'm almost 40.
I was thinking of going back to get my NP or CRNA. I was originally interested in ortho, but at this point I'm okay with anything. I like surgery. I also like general inpatient medicine. Do you think the CRNA or the NP route is more worth it? And how can I spin my dismissal from med school? It doesn't say dismissed so is it an ok thing to just spin it like I did 2 years of med school and realized I wanted to stay in nursing?
Anything advice wise you can give me would help! And please, don't be mean. I've cried enough already from this mess!
I was dismissed (shows up as a voluntary withdrawal) from med school for failing boards too many times. Before med school, I was an RN (worked ICU for a year, med/surg for 6 years). Thankfully I can go back to being an RN so it's not like I'm out of a job or have nothing to show for my years. I'm almost 40.
I was thinking of going back to get my NP or CRNA. I was originally interested in ortho, but at this point I'm okay with anything. I like surgery. I also like general inpatient medicine. Do you think the CRNA or the NP route is more worth it? And how can I spin my dismissal from med school? It doesn't say dismissed so is it an ok thing to just spin it like I did 2 years of med school and realized I wanted to stay in nursing?
Anything advice wise you can give me would help! And please, don't be mean. I've cried enough already from this mess!