Left NY Nursing School to move here....Now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExcelBillSrvc

FPM Consultant
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in RN school in New York, and my aunt got terminal cancel so I had to leave school to take care of her. Now I have to find a new nursing school here in Wichita. Where do I start at? What is a good school to look at?

I am 41 years old and have 64 credits from my old college towards my RN Degree. I only had 3 more quarters to go. I am sure most of my classes will transfer here, I just need to know a direction to take.

Is it better to be an LPN due to the extensive work I have already down towards my RN just to have experience than return for my RN once I am accepted at an hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

You can try this website: www.allnursingschools.com

There are 2 schools of nursing in Wichita Kansas.

Wichita Area Technical College has an LPN/LVN program;
Wichita Area Technical College

Phone: (316) 973-4370 x72
Fax: (316) 973-4332
Wichita Area Technical College
324 North Emporia
Wichita, KS 67202

Then there is Wichita State University also.

Keep in mind that not all of your credits from NY may be accepted. Also each school may have different requirements for admissions and just because you were in an Rn program does not mean that you would not be starting over from scratch for LPN.
Get your transcripts from your NY school and have them evaluated by the above schools.
Try Allnurses.com , it is a forum similar to the Student Doctor but for nurses and other interested parties.

Another great site to look into is www.allnurses.com . Depending on the school, they may only take prereqs, not actual nursing classes.