Leg cramps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Ice

Attending
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a patient with moderate lumbosacral stenosis that I did bilateral S1 tfesi about 6 weeks ago with good relief of radic symptoms but consistent cramping throughout legs after the procedure. Encouraged hydration and after two weeks symptoms persisted. EMG was normal, started low dose neurontin without much benefit. Any thoughts on this? More time? Referral to neurology?

Members don't see this ad.

I see this sometimes after esi but 6 weeks a little long. Rec K + Mg OTC

Members don't see this ad :)
Have a patient with moderate lumbosacral stenosis that I did bilateral S1 tfesi about 6 weeks ago with good relief of radic symptoms but consistent cramping throughout legs after the procedure. Encouraged hydration and after two weeks symptoms persisted. EMG was normal, started low dose neurontin without much benefit. Any thoughts on this? More time? Referral to neurology?

Which steroid was used ?

Yeah I see this more with depo in stenotic patients. I recommend tonic water, magnesium and baclofen or tizanidine

Reactions: 1 user
studies have shown that tonic water really only works when it is mixed with Tanqueray. or Bombay Sapphire.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users