Legal Implications of Not filling a Benzo as cross covering doctor:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If the AMA would grow a spine, maybe when the **** hits the fan with regard to the benzo epidemic, they'll find a way to blame NPs for practicing bad medicine.

They'd first have to prove demonstrable prescribing differences between types of providers. Anecdotally, I haven't seen it yet, and empirically, I haven't seen anything to suggest that yet either.

Members don't see this ad.

A np can’t be a primary care PHYSICIAN (pcp) because they aren’t one. The term primary care provider is a bastardization of the actual pcp acronym and is just one of many things midlevels have successfully done to blur the lines in order to cloak their charlatan reality

And it’s legal for one reason only: $$$$

It is in every sense the illegal practice of medicine without a license

Except in the legal sense regarding state statutes? Healthcare providers don't make laws, congresspeople do. It's the way it's always been. Ship has sailed on midlevels across multiple healthcare positions. Multiple reasons for this, both economic and political.

Reactions: 1 user
They'd first have to prove demonstrable prescribing differences between types of providers. Anecdotally, I haven't seen it yet, and empirically, I haven't seen anything to suggest that yet either.

Not sure exactly how you'd design the empirical studies. There is a really clear contrast between the prescribing patterns of people affiliated with our local academic places and the average community NP, but I am not as sure the difference is as striking between the average community NP and the average community psychiatrist.

That's a long loaded discussion meant for another thread another day. In summary, good idea stone tossed into the pond, but vicious ripples that will rise to tsunami waves.

Can we start a thread on this? I'd love to hear this discussion, especially as someone who's worked in an integrated care setting.