Legalized marijuana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saw an interesting talk on marijuana and the youth from one of the pediatric addiciton doctors. Turns out that you drive just as bad as if you are drinking alcohol but believe that you actually drive better than baseline (they actually set up a study to look at this). Marijuana seems to preferentially shut down the part of the brain that allows introspection/insight.

Also a couple of cases of fentanyl found in marijuana off the street with overdose. A scary time to be experimenting out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just renewed a cannabis certification for my relatively young pt. ====== Cannabis vape results in improved sleep hygiene, decreased headache pain, reduced anxiety, reduced seizure activity, and reduced use of hydromorphone 2mg - required only #10 for the past year.

Feel free to deny this pt and to let this pt know the studies show it won't help this pt. I'll stick with trusting the benefits of what this pt is reporting to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just renewed a cannabis certification for my relatively young pt. Cannabis vape results in improved sleep hygiene, decreased headache pain, reduced anxiety, reduced seizure activity, and reduced use of hydromorphone 2mg - required only #10 for the past year.

Feel free to deny this pt and to let this pt know the studies show it won't help this pt. I'll stick with trusting the benefits of what this pt is reporting to me.
If on daily opiates, the DEA would come say hi. With this PDMP, no one cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just read chronic pot smokers are 6x more likely to suffer from schizophrenia and 25% of all new cases of schizophrenia in 18-30 yr olds are due to marijuana

Pot will be like opioids. We’ll come to realize that the wonder drug with little to no addictive potential was actually destroying lives
Definitely increases the risks for schizophrenia, not a benign or wonder drug by any means. Kids should not experiment with it. Adults should be able to do what they want for the most part.

Pain is headache pain? I would prefer his neurologist to renew the certificate for the seizure indication

Pain is headache pain? I would prefer his neurologist to renew the certificate for the seizure indication
Headache, face, eyes.

Good luck finding a neurologist that is certified to certify, lol. For starters, we don't even have a neurologist in this area...or rheumatologist or gastroenterologist or urologist or...

We do have an interventional pain/suboxone guy here but i hear he's awful, lol. Avoid at all costs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hey there! It's interesting to hear about pain doctors in legal states and their relationship with marijuana. While some doctors might sell CBD from their offices, it's important to remember that CBD affects individuals and pets differently. What didn't work for your dog might work for others.
Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hey there! It's interesting to hear about pain doctors in legal states and their relationship with marijuana. While some doctors might sell CBD from their offices, it's important to remember that CBD affects individuals and pets differently. What didn't work for your dog might work for others.
Can you elaborate on selling CBD from your offfice?

I tried calming CBD chews for my anxious dog. It made her incontinent. Like wayyyy too relaxed.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just renewed a cannabis certification for my relatively young pt. ====== Cannabis vape results in improved sleep hygiene, decreased headache pain, reduced anxiety, reduced seizure activity, and reduced use of hydromorphone 2mg - required only #10 for the past year.

Wonder how much of that is the marijuana vs simply cutting down the opioids. To me this just sounds like chemical coping with a less dangerous drug - still a win.

I tried calming CBD chews for my anxious dog. It made her incontinent. Like wayyyy too relaxed.
Our neighborhood Facebook page blows up about CBD dog treats during 4th of July. I had no idea how sensitive dogs are to fireworks.

Wonder how much of that is the marijuana vs simply cutting down the opioids. To me this just sounds like chemical coping with a less dangerous drug - still a win.
The patient is managed and doing well so I'm happy.

I edited out this person's symptoms as the case is not too common but the patient's situation isn't great. No matter how unlikely, I don't want this patient to be identified. Same reason why I don't include gender.

Irresponsible of me to post in as much detail as I did. My bad.

Trouble in Paradise for Big Marijuana?

My neighbor owns a sizeable commercial cannabis farm and processing center with three other partners, and they're selling their operation, too. The state made the regulations and taxes too hard to turn a decent profit.

After complying with all the rules, regulations, farm union nonsense, etc, it costs too much to be competitive with the black market. People are just going back to their illicit drug dealers because it's cheaper to buy from them than from a state-approved dispensary.

This is another example of how the government and unions drive up costs for everything.

Reactions: 4 users