Lender Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Allerian1004

Practicing Vampire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I'm trying to choose between Anchorbank and Chase. I'm looking at 180,000 in loans.
Anchorbank:
2% reduction in interest after 48 payments
Chase:
1% reduction in interest rate
Which reduces the amount of interest I'm paying more? I tried to do calculations but think I did them wrong!
 
You need to be careful with those interest rate reduction claims, because they are generally subject to change. I would personally look for a lender that first offers zero fees, then choose by interest rate reduction second.

In answer to your question.

$100,000 @ 5.8% interest w/10 year payment plan = $132,022

$100,000 @ 6.8% for 48 months with 2% reduction after = $132,818