Length VS Hours ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yokiguz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my case I have 65 hours volunteering at a hospital over one summer and 500 hours working pandemic support at a hospital over 6 months.

These are both relatively short <6 months but the hours are decent. I definitely took a lot out of both experiences and could write well about them. However would the short length be too unfavorable? Or would this be considered 'good' clinical experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m kind of in the opposite situation. I’ve done hospital volunteering for almost 2 years now but only 180 hours (volunteer policy of 30 per semester). Interested to see which is valued more

I’m kind of in the opposite situation. I’ve done hospital volunteering for almost 2 years now but only 180 hours (volunteer policy of 30 per semester). Interested to see which is valued more
I'm leaning towards longetivity. But I've had other non-clinical experiences that were multiple years long.

Members don't see this ad :)
longevity definitely since it shows commitment (and also planning).

Reactions: 1 user
Haha, I've been technically an ED volunteer since my freshman 2nd semester (currently a rising junior) and have a similar policy of ~30 per semester. My hospital shut down pretty early relative to others due to COVID so I've been a volunteer for like almost 2 years and have 50 hours lmao...I'm praying they re-open soon, otherwise I'm toast. I'm also volunteering at a hospice care facility but I don't know if that counts as clinical. Will probably have to count it if I want to apply this cycle by the look of it.

Reactions: 1 user