Step I Less than 1 year out, What to do? (No Anki Help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YankeesfanZF5

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am in my system blocks at the moment and I have excelled so far in medical school. Unfortunately, we still do grades but that has been fine for me. My GPA is solid (as if that matters) I took a CBSE after we finished a 1/3rd of our curriculum and received a 150. Fortunately, we still have a bit to go. I will be taking step 1 the end of January 2021. My concerns are that I don't use Anki. I have been attending class, making outlines for that week's quiz, watching Pathoma and Boards and Beyond for that respective block. Additionally, I do practice problems (Kaplan and Board Vitals) in each block until I finish them all. I have found I learn well from questions. I have the AnKing deck ready to go but I'm not sure I will be able to get through it all before dedicated. With the method I am doing right now is it possible to get a 240+? What are some things you guys who have done this before would reccomend? My concern is "If it isn't broke don't fix it" mentality I have. Moveover, I am still living life, hanging out with friends, and working out. Should I change my ways? It's really stressing me out. Any help is greatly appreciated!
 
Just use bits of AnKing deck and do mostly questions. I also suggest doing BnB and annotating directly in FA.

For example,
I did sketchy + pepper micro and pharm decks in the summer/block 5
Then I started Lolnotacop micro + Zanki pharm from block 6 and on. I also started Zanki bchem during this time.
Lastly I did Duke's pathoma deck from the start of block 7 on.

I finished all 4 of these anki decks by dedicated and have such a nice foundation to build on.
Apart from anki, prior dedicated I did Boards and Beyond annotating directly in FA, as I was doing Rx questions (got to like 1700 total).

So I am at the start of dedicated now, and I'll just continue my anki reviews and hammer out UW (80-100 questions per day).
 
Just use bits of AnKing deck and do mostly questions. I also suggest doing BnB and annotating directly in FA.

For example,
I did sketchy + pepper micro and pharm decks in the summer/block 5
Then I started Lolnotacop micro + Zanki pharm from block 6 and on. I also started Zanki bchem during this time.
Lastly I did Duke's pathoma deck from the start of block 7 on.

I finished all 4 of these anki decks by dedicated and have such a nice foundation to build on.
Apart from anki, prior dedicated I did Boards and Beyond annotating directly in FA, as I was doing Rx questions (got to like 1700 total).

So I am at the start of dedicated now, and I'll just continue my anki reviews and hammer out UW (80-100 questions per day).
I think I'm going to use it purely for pharm and micro and then hammer questions. Thanks for the advice! Might follow anking during blocks for extra help.