Lesser Chances from an Unknown Liberal Arts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fibroblastman

A stumble prevents a fall
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't get me wrong, I've been able to get more done than I thought I would ever have, from a small liberal arts college in California. However, I do feel that it will 'hurt' me and that my application will be... well... a ghost amongst others. This is also due to the fact that I have average/sub-average stats as well... ugh.

Any thoughts? 😕
 
Don't get me wrong, I've been able to get more done than I thought I would ever have, from a small liberal arts college in California. However, I do feel that it will 'hurt' me and that my application will be... well... a ghost amongst others. This is also due to the fact that I have average/sub-average stats as well... ugh.

Any thoughts? 😕
No need to fret over this....just do your best. Ppl get into medical school all the time from liberal arts colleges.

However I dont really like your Choice of schools....Its gonna be really hard for JHU to accept a 3.5 30...UW wont accept you bc you are OOS....add some more private schools.
 
You have good EC's. I would not worry too much. You have a broad list of schools which is good as well. Just put as much effort in as you can into your application and I honestly think you have a shot of getting into quite a few of those schools that you have listed.