Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Lesser Chances from an Unknown Liberal Arts?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Fibroblastman, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Fibroblastman

Fibroblastman A stumble prevents a fall
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Don't get me wrong, I've been able to get more done than I thought I would ever have, from a small liberal arts college in California. However, I do feel that it will 'hurt' me and that my application will be... well... a ghost amongst others. This is also due to the fact that I have average/sub-average stats as well... ugh.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChubbyChaser

ChubbyChaser Yummmy
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No need to fret over this....just do your best. Ppl get into medical school all the time from liberal arts colleges.

However I dont really like your Choice of schools....Its gonna be really hard for JHU to accept a 3.5 30...UW wont accept you bc you are OOS....add some more private schools.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WinterLights

Pre-Medical
    You have good EC's. I would not worry too much. You have a broad list of schools which is good as well. Just put as much effort in as you can into your application and I honestly think you have a shot of getting into quite a few of those schools that you have listed.