Lesson learned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteBoard1111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I learned that items can be lost but the memories are most important.

Last week, I had misplaced a cup that was gifted to me by my soon to be mother-in-law. My mother-in-law has been diagnosed with a life threatening genetic disorder. So, when I misplaced her gift I felt horribly guilty. Especially, knowing I will have to explain myself when they visit for the holidays.

I know she saved up for a long time to get me this gift and I needed to find it before the in-laws came to visit.

I ran around the whole campus looking for this cup and asking lost and found for help. I asked the director of operations to look at camera footage to help me. I was so emotional and cried in from of the director of operations. How embarrassing.

Sadly, I did not find this cup. However, this morning I saw a fellow classmate with the same identical cup.

I know it’s a universal cosmic joke and a it’s a coincidence. The universe is cruel sometimes and no one in their right mind would take an item from a medical college I feel absolutely horrible and I hope my classmate does not feel uncomfortable. What an awkward situation.

I learned at the end of the day items are just items.

Members don't see this ad.

See if you can borrow the cup for when your mother in law comes to visit. You got emotional over an emotionally significant item, no shame in that.

This thread was a very welcome change to the usual posts on this board, thank you.