Lesson learned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sebrau20

Reaction score
I'm currently going to school for medical assisting, I dropped the core classes until I can find out what my options are. My lawyer couldn't answer them, my academic adviser couldn't answer them, the chairman of the nursing board couldn't help either. I got into trouble for the first time in my life. Based on all of the circumstances, I don't believe that what happened was fair, nor did my lawyer. I had witnesses to the event but it didn't matter to the prosecutor. Anyways, I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for battery with bodily injury ( I still believe the "victim" did something to make her alleged injury worse that what it was, I was at least 10 feet away from this person when i allegedly caused this serious injury) I was recently placed on the diversion program for one year. It will stay on my record and show dismissed once completed. Will this prevent me from getting into school and doing clinicals?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently going to school for medical assisting, I dropped the core classes until I can find out what my options are. My lawyer couldn't answer them, my academic adviser couldn't answer them, the chairman of the nursing board couldn't help either. I got into trouble for the first time in my life. Based on all of the circumstances, I don't believe that what happened was fair, nor did my lawyer. I had witnesses to the event but it didn't matter to the prosecutor. Anyways, I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for battery with bodily injury ( I still believe the "victim" did something to make her alleged injury worse that what it was, I was at least 10 feet away from this person when i allegedly caused this serious injury) I was recently placed on the diversion program for one year. It will stay on my record and show dismissed once completed. Will this prevent me from getting into school and doing clinicals?

Charged or convicted?

If you were convicted, you’ll need to contact the regulatory board in the state you want to work in and ask them if you can be licensed or certified with that conviction.

I’m guessing it’ll be the board of nursing..

Dismissed does not matter. It means charges were brought against you yes but not guilty.

The dispositions taken or judgments can be things like Guilty, Not Guilty, Dismissed/Complied with law, etc.

So a dismissed case will not be problematic.