Lessons I've Learned During This Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What I learned during any given interview day:

1) you're always going to get a handful of annoying people from So Cal who complain that the weather on the east coast is too cold for their liking (if the interview is on the east coast). "Umm like oh EM gee I'm from LA"

2) at least 1-2 know-it-alls who act like they're too good for the school they're interviewing at, and ask really complicated questions just to sound impressive and profound.

3) a really high number of people from one particular state (the state may vary from interview to interview)

4) that awkward guy/girl who is too shy to talk or speak up

5) that party guy/girl who thinks they're cool, and not your typical pre-med because they party and drink all the time (to their credit though he/she is usually good looking with a good physique)

6) a couple of non-trads who make you feel awkward because they're old enough to be your parent.

7) that poor Canadian who doesn't have a clue on American culture

8) a handful of locals from the surrounding area of where the school is located

I've been on 5 interviews where I found this to be the case. Maybe you guys have a different experience. Lolzz

You forgot the impressively happy mormon guy from BYU undergrad who is tall, always excited to be there, and always seems to mention his wife and kids a couple times throughout the interview day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
You forgot the impressively happy mormon guy from BYU undergrad who is tall, always excited to be there, and always seems to mention his wife and kids a couple times throughout the interview day.

This is super accurate

We actually had a few stop by our house the other day. I guess the previous owner was mormon.

That's pretty good Chillywilly

I would also add the guy/gal who asks everyone where else they interviewed/where accepted at.

The inappropriately dressed person.

The person you figure out is also from SDN but you don't want to bring it up and be awkward

Then cool people like me ;)
This happened to me and yes it was kind of awkward but I tried my best to not make the person seem like a creepier to the others lol, I was flattered they even care to point me out :)
What I learned during any given interview day:

1) you're always going to get a handful of annoying people from So Cal who complain that the weather on the east coast is too cold for their liking (if the interview is on the east coast). "Umm like oh EM gee I'm from LA"

2) at least 1-2 know-it-alls who act like they're too good for the school they're interviewing at, and ask really complicated questions just to sound impressive and profound.

3) a really high number of people from one particular state (the state may vary from interview to interview)

4) that awkward guy/girl who is too shy to talk or speak up

5) that party guy/girl who thinks they're cool, and not your typical pre-med because they party and drink all the time (to their credit though he/she is usually good looking with a good physique)

6) a couple of non-trads who make you feel awkward because they're old enough to be your parent.

7) that poor Canadian who doesn't have a clue on American culture

8) a handful of locals from the surrounding area of where the school is located

I've been on 5 interviews where I found this to be the case. Maybe you guys have a different experience. Lolzz

numbers 1,2 and 5 were easily the most annoying lol (Nothing against So Cal but come on everyone knows Michigan is cold)

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw this on two different interviews.

There is usually 1 person that asks really inappropriate questions to student representatives...

I mean, I know they are not on the admission committee but you should NOT be asking question like that during an interview.

There is usually 1 person that asks really inappropriate questions to student representatives...

I mean, I know they are not on the admission committee but you should NOT be asking question like that during an interview.

Oh jeez like what?

Oh jeez like what?

Things like:

Where is the best place to get drunk?
So do you have a gf?
How stupid are your patients in the hospital? (to a 3rd yr)
Dr.XYZ was such a dick during my interview. Is he always like that?

These are some of the ones I came across.

Things like:

So do you have a gf?

OMG

Things like:

So do you have a gf?

"Do you guys offer self-defense classes? This place is kinda ghetto."
"What's with all the poor people coming on to campus?"

The best one was when one of the presenters asked how we liked the PBL demo.
"It wasn't that good. I mean the instructor just sat there and pushed a button." He had the most amazing expression on his face. It was like a "why the hell did I even pay for the secondary."
The presenter just smiled and looked at him. "Exactly! we nurture your own learning!"