Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by pjc199, Apr 20, 2004.

1. pjc199

pjc199 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

When forming your AACOMAS Science GPA (aka BCPM) one can include such classes as geography, geology, meteorology (my major), yet not include math classes. This is very strange to me. I found the following passage from their site. Can anyone please confirm this? Thank you.

"Compute your GPA and credit hour totals for science, non-science, and combined, as well as by year. The Science category would include all courses with subjects of Biology, Organic, Biochemistry, Other Science, Physics, and Inorganic Chemistry. Non-science would include courses with subjects of Math, English, Behavioral Sciences, and Non-science. "--AACOMAS

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HooahDOc

Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well you took that from the AACOMAS site, so my guess is that it has been confirmed. If you're filling it out now, don't bother -- the next cycle's doesn't start until May. The classes in question would fall under, "other science" and count. However, I seriously doubt geography would count. Geology and Meteorology probably but I'm not positive. Call them and ask.

A note, when you fill this out make sure you list things by year and not by semester. For example, for classes you took in Fall 200 and Spring 2001, both will all be listed as 2000.