Let's play name that rejection!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basupran

ortho, study, cars, lift
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

hey guy, where's the rest of your thread? I definitely want to play this game !

:)

I'll play! Here's one:

We greatly appreciate the interest that you have shown in entering the School of Medicine at XXX. I am sorry to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has decided not to advance your application for 2004.

This letter is being sent to you reluctantly because the Committee on Admissions is fully appreciative of your fine record, one in which you can take great pride....

I hope that you will meet with greater success in your application to other medical schools and that you will be able to pursue a career in medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by MeowMix
I'll play! Here's one:

We greatly appreciate the interest that you have shown in entering the School of Medicine at XXX. I am sorry to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has decided not to advance your application for 2004.

This letter is being sent to you reluctantly because the Committee on Admissions is fully appreciative of your fine record, one in which you can take great pride....

I hope that you will meet with greater success in your application to other medical schools and that you will be able to pursue a career in medicine.

I'm drawing a blank.....DAMN. A little help.....anyone?

Doesn't look familiar.

Originally posted by Paws
hey guy, where's the rest of your thread? I definitely want to play this game !

:)

Hey, I deleted my original thread. Here was the letter:

The _____ Adcom spends a great deal of time reading and completely evaluating every application we receive, so that we can carefully select candidates we feel are the best suited to invite for interview here. The volume of highly qualified applicants who apply to our School places us in the undesirable position of having to dissapoint many who are excellent candidates.

I regreat to inform you that you were not selected for interview.

The Comm has a difficult task makng these choices in teh face of so many exceptional individuals.

I fid it very difficult writing this letter and hope that the many students we turn away will flourish elsewhere.

Best wishes as you pursue your career objectives.

Thank you for your application fee.

Any ideas on who this is??

I'll play! Here's one:

This sounds VERY familiar to me. "your fine record ... "

I'll have to look this one up when I get home from the library.

Any hints meowmix??? what part of the country? Midwest?

Well, I like to feel the pain ...

'course now I just skim for the basics and add them to the growing pile. :)

here's one:

The Admissions Committee has recently received your application from the American Medical College Application Service. After careful review and evaluation of your application, the College of Medicine's Admissions Committee is no longer considering your application for our 2004 entering class. We are, therefore, closing your file.

i guess its better than saying 'you're unqualified' like a few schools do. My file is closed, therefore no one can open it and tell me i suck!

I don't remember the exact wording, but here's the gist of it....

We carefully reviewed your application and determined that your character, academic abilities, and potential cannot be realized at our school. Thank you for applying and waiting 5 months for our rejection. We can only HOPE you find success in attaining admission to a medical school this year

Well this wasn't exactly what it said...but sure as hell feels like it!

-Harps

Originally posted by Harps
I don't remember the exact wording, but here's the gist of it....

We carefully reviewed your application and determined that your character, academic abilities, and potential cannot be realized at our school. Thank you for applying and waiting 5 months for our rejection. We can only HOPE you find success in attaining admission to a medical school this year

Well this wasn't exactly what it said...but sure as hell feels like it!

Was the answer.... ALL of them?

Originally posted by Super Rob
Was the answer.... ALL of them?

In essence, yes ;)

-Harps

I'll play! Here's one:

UCSF?

Originally posted by kingcer0x
here's my guess

basupran: stony brook

Close, was Buffalo.

Some of those rejections suck!

LOL Harps

Originally posted by rgporter
UCSF?

Congratulations! A fabulous prize is on the way: 1 case of Top Ramen in your choice of flavor!

Originally posted by basupran
Close, was Buffalo.

Some of those rejections suck!

LOL Harps

Hey Basupran,
Have you made a decision as to where you will go for next year?

-Harps

UCSD! (I remember it because it was the first hold I got :smuggrin: )

Originally posted by kingcer0x
here's one:

The Admissions Committee has recently received your application from the American Medical College Application Service. After careful review and evaluation of your application, the College of Medicine's Admissions Committee is no longer considering your application for our 2004 entering class. We are, therefore, closing your file.

Case Western?

This quotation is the winner in my personal poll of most ridiculous sentences in a rejection letter:

"While the Committee was impressed with your credentials, the enrollment parameters mandated by the medical school administration exclude us from accepting more students that [sic] we can accommodate and as a result, many very strong applicants were not selected for admission."

Anyone know where its from?:p

Originally posted by Trekkie963
This quotation is the winner in my personal poll of most ridiculous sentences in a rejection letter:

"While the Committee was impressed with your credentials, the enrollment parameters mandated by the medical school administration exclude us from accepting more students that [sic] we can accommodate and as a result, many very strong applicants were not selected for admission."

Anyone know where its from?:p

I dunno but that seems like a seriously long run on sentance.