Let's see that manual dexterity at work - pumpkin carving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

free99

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I tried our hand at pumpkin carving - we think it came out alright. Any of you other pre-dents put your superior manual dexterity to work creating any carvings for the holiday?

Here are ours:

carvings.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Wow nice! I'm waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday to carve mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very impressive!
Thanks man! If you go online and search for patterns there are thousands to choose from.

Wow nice! I'm waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday to carve mine.

Probably a good call - ours might be a little droopy come Halloween. Plus if you're on the east coast and Sandy slaps us hard, you'll have a great power-independent activity.

Any other carvers out there?! I figured with a group of folks going into such a "hands-on" profession we might see some real gems in here.

you should put this on your resume

Last edited:
That obama pumpkin is terrifying, thank God it will be rotten by next Tuesday!

I thought the carving was very well done. I don't support Obama but come on let's leave the politics aside. Or if you really want to be political then carve a pumpkin of Romney or Ron Paul or whoever you support and leave it at that.

Awesome ideas! Here is mine!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SDN Mobile

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351566750635.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 128
Usually after Halloween I throw our old pumpkins off of a high altitude vantage point. That's the best part about pumpkin carving in my opinion.

You should do this with the Obama pumpkin.

Don't worry it's biodegradable.

Actually my first attempt at pumpkin carving since I was 6 or 7.