Let's share helpful resources with each others (dat takers)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faefly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since many of us are studying for that during this time. I think it would be helpful for all of us if we share whatever we find useful here.

I'll start. Today I watched some gen chem videos about logs, but I couldn't understand how to do it without a calculator until I found this useful youtube video.

P.s:

I'll share other videos whenever I find something useful, please feel free to do the same

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I was struggling with Data Sufficiency questions b/c they are so foreign to me, but this website helped me develop a strategy and my scores have been improving! Wanted to share with you all:

These are the 5 answer choices:
  • A. Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
  • B. Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
  • C. BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • E. Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.

1. Write down (or imagine) the answer choices grouped together in this way: AD/BCE

2. Look at Statement 1 ALONE (don't even look at Statement 2 yet). Does Statement 1 ALONE have enough information to answer the question?
-If YES, the answer must be A or D.
-If NO, the answer must be B, C, or E.
*This is why we grouped answers AD/BCE together... because you can eliminate 2 or 3 answers (AD or BCE) by looking at the first statement alone. Even if you can't take it further from here, at least you've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 answers, rather than 5.*

3. Next, look at Statement 2 ALONE (don't even think about what you just read in Statement 1). Does Statement 2 alone have enough information to answer the question?
-Follow the decision tree below. Typing it all out made it sound way more confusing than it really is.

upload_2017-6-21_14-29-1.png

Hope you guys can follow what I've written out because it's really helped me. Here are some Data Sufficiency Practice Problems:
http://www.majortests.com/gmat/data_sufficiency.php
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2013/gmat-sample-data-sufficiency-practice-questions/
https://www.test-guide.com/gmat/free-gmat-practice-tests/gmat-data-sufficiency-practice-test-3.html
http://www.analyzemath.com/gmat/gmatdata1.html
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2013/gmat-sample-data-sufficiency-practice-questions/

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I found some videos that might help those of us that struggle with RC. There are other videos in the channel.

So i've been having a lot of trouble with sin/cos/tan. Doing destroyer problems has forced me to recognize that I can't get through the DAT without knowing the unit circle. I watched the Khan Academy playlist, but the unit circle still didn't stick. This video is super slow and was very helpful to me understanding/solidifying the concept for me!

Reactions: 1 user
I know it is not a link but one thing an engineering friend taught me while I was doing angle ranking is that if you are unsure and the angles are in the same general direction you can use your mouse to judge which is bigger. Just move the mouse on the angle until the top and bottom touch each line and then find out which has more space on the inside for acute angles. Not sure why I never thought to use my mouse before...:bang:

Has anybody looked at these/used them? I just did and these are so many so wondering if anyone has a list of the best/most important ones to use? Thank you :)
when is your test? if you don't have much time I would go with Chad's video. Otherwise, try these videos that Tyjacob suggested and see if they'll help you or not.

August 2nd is when I plan to take it, but haven't scheduled it yet. Might take it earlier, but not later. Have you tried Mike's videos on BC or just Chad's? Cause if the majority of Mike's are good, then I don't think I'll bother buying a subscription to Chad's...
I would still recommend chads especially for general chemistry but for ochem as well. He really has a gift for teaching.

Reactions: 1 users
August 2nd is when I plan to take it, but haven't scheduled it yet. Might take it earlier, but not later. Have you tried Mike's videos on BC or just Chad's? Cause if the majority of Mike's are good, then I don't think I'll bother buying a subscription to Chad's...
I would say Chad's videos take less time than Mike's, and he is more enjoyable to watch, and the quizzes are good after each lecture.
Mike is more thorough, he is fun as well but the problem with his quizzes they are kind of harder and not done online, you have to do them on paper, so they convey the idea that you are doing chem for college, not the dat.

But again, I wish I had enough time to watch them both. I used to watch Chads, then Mike for gen chem.
But now I'll watch Mike for the things Chad doesn't cover on OChem. So for example, there is something in aromatic Chad did not even mention, I'm watching Mike now and writing the notes.
So, yeah make sure to see what everyone is covering and fill the missing gaps.

They are both good, choose whoever makes you understand the materials better. Good thing CHad has free videos on his Chemprep website, you can check his videos first before becoming a member. His videos on coursaver are better because the quizes geared toward DAT.

Also, he has free videso on coursaver, so just checked him out and see what's better for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody looked at these/used them? I just did and these are so many so wondering if anyone has a list of the best/most important ones to use? Thank you :)

I literally watched every video minus stuff about michael additions and the carb chemistry.

51a (everything)

52a (everything)

51c (watch vids with the guy) 1-15

Use chads videos to cover OC lab methods. Also watch chads spectroscopy vids as well

Useful bio videos playlist. Found it while looking to clarify some concept.

So, for RC I found this very useful plugin for chrome.
To get used to highlighting keywords, dates or names while you read your science articles.
I personally prefer
Super Simple highlighter plugin for Chrome
It has 8 colors and you can add the highlight by choosing the highlighting feature from the right-click drop down menu
to make it easier, go to options and leave only 1 or 2 colors. you can choose your own color like I did in this picture.

Super Simple Highlighter

The other highlighter is faster as you don't need to press on right click for it to appear, but it has an annoying message that you can push to the side.

Yellow highlighter pen for web

Enjoy!

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-2_11-27-20.png
    upload_2017-7-2_11-27-20.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Anatomy and physiology and embryology are tough subjects, they are beautiful but not easy to grasp
I found these videos helpful
This teacher has everything except imune system
AP Biology: Human Anatomy & Physiology Video Notes - YouTube
This teacher has everything, but I'll share only his immune system video part 1, you can search for the rest

and this one I discovered, has almost every thing, he's really good too!
Immune system again

of course I watch
bozemanscience videos as well.
So I read Cliff ,watch videos, then I read Feralise notes to get extra info.

Do you guys know of any free ( or at least cheap ) resources for QR and PAT? I'm not taking the DAT till next February so I don't wanna buy destroyer or BC quite yet, just looking for something to get my feet wet and get familiar with the material. Thanks!

Do you guys know of any free ( or at least cheap ) resources for QR and PAT? I'm not taking the DAT till next February so I don't wanna buy destroyer or BC quite yet, just looking for something to get my feet wet and get familiar with the material. Thanks!
The speedster PAT app for phones is great introduction to the PAT, it has instructions + generators for each section (except keyhole). For QR, you can watch khan academy videos and take quizzes on the website.