Let's share helpful resources with each others (dat takers)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faefly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since many of us are studying for that during this time. I think it would be helpful for all of us if we share whatever we find useful here.

I'll start. Today I watched some gen chem videos about logs, but I couldn't understand how to do it without a calculator until I found this useful youtube video.

P.s:

I'll share other videos whenever I find something useful, please feel free to do the same

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I appreciate this idea a lot. I have a list at home of a few things that I will post later tonight.

AK Lectures on youtube is really good for anatomy and physiology

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
university california irvine organic chemistry courses on youtube.

got b and c+ in orgo but a 30 on DAT orgo because of these videos. taught me orgo beautifully and was my easiest section on DAT

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you all for your cooperation

So I found this guy's math videos are very clear. He has videos about basic math, algebra, trig and statistics

Math Meeting

Reactions: 1 user
I found this video on nephrons very simple to understand. Cliffs tries to explain it but it didn't click until I watched this.

The first one is a guy who I first watched before I even found SDN and was starting to think about the DAT he gives some good basic advice for the PAT section. The second is a four hour long video just on quantitative reasoning. I have bluetooth in my car and play while i drive during the day and during other down times. The guy does a good job going over basics and does a decent job covering most of what you need to know.

condog51

Reactions: 3 users
Found this free keyhole quiz I don't know how hard it is, it has some weird questions in the beginning about what software to use but there are keyhole questions too, remember to hit start.

Pat Keyhole Practice Test

Youtube has crash course videos that are meant for AP bio students, but does a really good job at explaining difficult concepts as easily as possible. Also a great review source when workingout/running, and while it doesn't dive deep into miniscule details, it does go over them (so listen for those closely). These are for when you're burnt out and can't continue, but want to watch something funny and colorful while still learning/reviewing

Covers everything from biochem to nephrons to action potentials, and so on.

Reactions: 2 users
I am not sure if you guys know about this, but Chad has this website which contains free practice tests for GC, OC and QR.
He does not update it anymore, but still, it's free practice!

DEFEAT the DAT

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone mentioned too that there is an app called speedster DAT (I think). That has generators on it. I haven't tried it yet but it might be nice for PATing on the go.

Someone mentioned too that there is an app called speedster DAT (I think). That has generators on it. I haven't tried it yet but it might be nice for PATing on the go.

A mobile generator would be nice. I think I got all of the PAT section down, EXCEPT ANGLES. Practice is not helping my scores at all. They all look the same...

I'm not sure how many people get stumped on ploidy numbers with regards to cell division, but this video definitely helped me out. It explains the number of chromosomes within each phase and it has helped me tremendously in grasping the concept. Hope it helps everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I couldn't find it, is it speedster or star?
. I found other app but they were not free like Dat cracker.

university california irvine organic chemistry courses on youtube.

got b and c+ in orgo but a 30 on DAT orgo because of these videos. taught me orgo beautifully and was my easiest section on DAT

Wow, incredible score. Can you post the link to the ones you watched? I searched on youtube and there are a ton. and would you say these are better than chads or mikes?

The first one is a guy who I first watched before I even found SDN and was starting to think about the DAT he gives some good basic advice for the PAT section. The second is a four hour long video just on quantitative reasoning. I have bluetooth in my car and play while i drive during the day and during other down times. The guy does a good job going over basics and does a decent job covering most of what you need to know.

condog51

Hey Guys! I have been watching this guy and he is the real deal I was wondering if anybody got his full video, I am on the verge of getting it and just wondering by watching that will that cover all of my basics for the QR Section? I mean what I learned from this guy in two hours knocks out any math content review I have used till date!

I use him for math and i went from not been able to even break 15 on bootcamp not I been getting 17 and 18 and I'm happy

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

August 30th! Has anyone got the Princeton Review DAT book? I just got it but not sure how good it is, seems like its good for brief review

August 30th! Has anyone got the Princeton Review DAT book? I just got it but not sure how good it is, seems like its good for brief review
One guy mentioned it in his breakdown the other day.
What other resources are you using? have you seen breakdowns by other students to get an idea what they use for review?

Am I the only one who doesn't seem to have any motivation to study for the DAT? I have taken OC this past year and know most of it. I am almost done with Mike's GC videos and understand everything, and I am half way through Cliffnotes bio book. My DAT is mid August and I feel like it is so far away :(

Am I the only one who doesn't seem to have any motivation to study for the DAT? I have taken OC this past year and know most of it. I am almost done with Mike's GC videos and understand everything, and I am half way through Cliffnotes bio book. My DAT is mid August and I feel like it is so far away :(

This means you have no excuse to not get a 28 :p

One guy mentioned it in his breakdown the other day.
What other resources are you using? have you seen breakdowns by other students to get an idea what they use for review?

Yeah, I'm using the ones most people recommend like DAT destroyer, bootcamp, chad's videos etc. I just got the princeton review as well in case i wanted another resource to look at.

Also a general question for studying the biology section, are you guys just making a set of notes as you read Cliff's AP bio that summarizes it basically?

Hi, I think most of you have seen the pat game on Bootcamp and crack the dat.
The one on Bootcamp has 2 sections different than this one.
It's called the eyeball game and after finishing it tell you your score. I like this one better
The eyeballing game
Try to play it every day to be better in perceptual ability

Any REALLY good and helpful math learning materials on everythingaside from Khan? Test is in 6 days and I am lacking in QR.

Since most of us are taking the DAT this summer, do you all want to make a Whatsapp group to stay motivated?

Enjoy free practice tests from this website, not only it has DAT questions, it has different tests for other tests so you can look at them as well. I am not sure if they are easy or relevant. But free practice is free practice
DAT

Got more free practice. Math Practice from Gre comparison tests. This is now relevant to our QR, so you might as well do the math section or at least the quantitative comparison sections on the GRE to get prepared
Free Online GRE Practice Tests

condog51

This guy for the QR section is really good. I'm considering paying for his videos. Anyone willing to go halfsies?

Fort Bend Tutoring

I just stumbled upon this math tutoring channel on youtube. It is the best resource I have yet to find, especially if you are a visual learner. I have only watched the word problem videos and they are incredibly useful. He gives you a technique to solve mixture, distance, investment, combined work, and age problems. Just use the search bar on his channel to find the specific type of problem you want help in. He has videos on basically everything we will see. Highly recommend.

Fort Bend Tutoring

I just stumbled upon this math tutoring channel on youtube. It is the best resource I have yet to find, especially if you are a visual learner. I have only watched the word problem videos and they are incredibly useful. He gives you a technique to solve mixture, distance, investment, combined work, and age problems. Just use the search bar on his channel to find the specific type of problem you want help in. He has videos on basically everything we will see. Highly recommend.
Thank you, I needed that.

I discovered this guy while searching for videos about cell membrane, turned out this guy has a lot of good bio videos about many bio topics.

Ray Cinti

:)

Last edited:
To get acquainted with the new QR QC and DI aka Quantitative comparisons and data interpretations: Here are some strategy and practice questions.

Quantitive Comparsions

Strategy
GRE Quantitative Comparison | Greenlight Test Prep
practice
https://magoosh.com/gre/2015/gre-quantitative-comparison-practice-problems/
GRE Math Quantitative Comparisons : Practice tests and explanations
GRE Math Quantitative Comparison Practice Test 1 - Test-Guide.com
GRE Math Quantitative Comparison Practice Test 2 - Test-Guide.com
GRE Quantitative Comparison Practice Questions | Kaplan
Endless questions organized based on difficulty and topics: Choose QC section
GRE Forum, Vocabulary Flashcards | GREPrepClub

Data interpretation

strategy:

practice:
https://magoosh.com/gre/2016/gre-data-interpretation-practice/
SparkNotes: GRE: DI X-Ray
Data Interpretation Questions and Answers
Endless questions organized based on difficulty and topics: Choose DI section
GRE Forum, Vocabulary Flashcards | GREPrepClub

Important: Make sure to check Orgoman22 Free QR questions. They are very useful!
Orgoman (Destroyer) New type QR Problems - Free for all

Final note: If the question is too hard or has new concepts obviously leave it, QC and DI is still in infant level on the DAT, they didn't make it complex enough yet. But who knows! We are their guinea pig

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users