Let's talk about telehealth platforms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diceymice07

Reaction score
I'm curious of other's opinions of telehealth platforms such as - Better Help, Talk Space, etc.

(For reference these services are marketed on a lot of popular podcasts I listen to, and claim to have "24/7" access to the therapist, ability to attend a session without your camera on.)

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard feedback that they're very exploitative of the clinicians that use the platform. Overworked, underpaid clinicians. Capped therapy session limits. Your working for pennies and aren't paid appropriately for time you go over.

Reactions: 1 user
If you look at their reviews on sites like Glassdoor and Indeed, you'll get a good sense of how they treat their therapists, which in turn affects how those therapists treat their clients. There have also been data privacy issues with those services (e.g. Mozilla's investigations of BetterHelp and Talkspace).

This has been discussed before. To sum it up...they suck. When you pay $30/hr for something that insurance companies pay $90/hr for, what kinds of clinicians do you expect they get?