Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Let's Talk About The Lull... o_0

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drhouse, Nov 12, 2005.

1. drhouse

drhouse Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So here's the deal. It seems like a lot of people got interviews earlier on, and there's been a whole lot of nothing since. It also seems like there haven't been a lot of rejections or holds yet. What exactly are these admissions people doing? Is there going to be another round of interviews coming out? I know I got all mine during the same week, and nothing since (and that was about a month ago). Someone explain the lull, and when its going to end.

2. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    There is no lull -- with tens of thousands of applications there will statistically be pockets of people seeing activity at different times. The process for some extends well into the summer, with a good percentage of the class still not being accepted anywhere until winter, so you really need to sit back and chill.

3. medhacker

medhacker We can end world poverty!
    7+ Year Member

How could we know the lull in full detail and when it is going to end? you would have to interview a few adcom members to know that. Not even med students know why the lull exists, what it's all about and when it ends...

4. bobito

bobito Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Have you ever considered that maybe they looked at your app, and decided that they just don't want to interview you. At alot of places 85% don't get interviews. I haven't heard back from 7 of the places I applied. Why? probably because they already took a poop on my application.

5. Scoot

Scoot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah I thought for a while that there was a lull because I got 5 interviews soon after applying and havent heard much else since.....I am slowly beginning to realize that maybe that will be all I get.. :confused:

6. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

hey, mr. fondle em, they wipe with it, not poop on it.

7. bobito

bobito Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fondle em?? I think you might have meant coddle em....Fondling is what I do with your mom.

But back to a more important topic....don't you think they would want to prevent papercuts?? I feel like plopping out a nice clean one, would be preferably to all that roughness and anal bleeding.

Anyway point is....Dreams....Crushed....Mine....Yours...Everyones....Hurray!!! We'll get in somewhere but probably not the places we haven't heard from in a long time.

8. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I hear ya. I had my first interview the first week in October, but I've heard nothing from any school since then. I know it only takes one interview and one acceptance, but it's pretty sad to have not heard anything in so long.

9. medhacker

medhacker We can end world poverty!
    7+ Year Member

It is part of the process

I applied late and recently had my first interview. 90% of the applicants at the interview [circa 12 people] (which happened to have applied early) also mentioned to have had about one or 2 interviews and not having heard from anyone else.

10. bubbleyum

bubbleyum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

seems like the august mcaters' interview thread is growing steadily...

11. gdbaby

gdbaby Prettier than before
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Feel your pain. I finally have my second interview at the beginning of December. I am constantly waivering between the belief that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" (ie, call and pester) and the belief that "the squeaky wheel gets replaced by a much better wheel" (shut the hell up and be patient).