Let's talk PSLF...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDBro2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who here is approaching their 120th payment and will be applying for forgiveness on their remaining debt? Keep us posted ITT.

Members don't see this ad.

DM if you have started. I have questions. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, because 120th payment in October 2017 means 2006-2007 grad with no generous concurrent PAYE/REPAYE/IBR payment that results in a balance to forgive.

Plus they had 6 months grace period so technical earliest would be January 2018 or so.

And the biggest catch of them all... a 2007 grad had a great paying job right out of school at a non-vocational diploma mill with low tuition so they didn't even need this program! Hah!

Reactions: 3 users
Way to be a non-helpful dick (although you're not telling untruths).

I get your point but I'm still trying to seek out info from people who are counting on this program and maybe reaching their last year or two of payments I guess.

I get your point but I'm still trying to seek out info from people who are counting on this program and maybe reaching their last year or two of payments I guess.

You should probably amend your initial question because "approaching 120th payment" and being 2 years away are two completely different places to be.

I think I'm on payment #60, 5 years to go!

I'm looking at 6.5 more years. Keep those fingers crossed that this thing doesn't get dismantled.

I'm looking at 6.5 more years. Keep those fingers crossed that this thing doesn't get dismantled.

Consider that even with the most anti-PSLF DOE secretary & president in office with a full republican congress....their consensus & planning/proposals show that shutting down the PSLF program would not be retroactive.

I suppose anything can happen, though...but keep that tidbit in mind when trying to gain perspective on its future.

Reactions: 1 user

How was he being a dick? He pointed out why you aren't likely to find anyone close to the magical 120th payment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
How was he being a dick? He pointed out why you aren't likely to find anyone close to the magical 120th payment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

He wasn't. I think pharmacy is making me lose my mind already.

Reactions: 2 users
I have made 168 payments - does that help? :)

Reactions: 1 users