tbsounde2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
is it advisable to send a letter of intent even though one hasn't been accepted yet but had an interview. also, what does a letter of intent usually contain: does one write about the particular school as being their top choice or are there other things that must be included

jjmack

15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2003
LA
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
I don't think MSTPs really care, but if you want to try go for it. Just tell them why they are your number one choice and that you will go if accepted.

prufrock0880

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i think some MSTPs do care: columbia and upenn explicitly said "let us know if you really had a good time and you think this is the place for you"

About the Ads

Dr.Watson

10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
MSTPs care. My impression is that if you've made it to the interview, they're concerned about whether you 'fit' with their program (besides whether you know what it means to be an MSTP student and can adequately describe your research). Outlining why you fit in particularly with a program during an interview or later in a letter of intent can only help you.

tbsounde2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
thank you very much for the info!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.