Letter of Interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamborghiniMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is writing a letter of interest viewed pre-interview? Does it appear desperate? Is it appropriate? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Just more work for the admissions people, I think your intent is obvious as you applied there. You should have said everything you wanted to say in your applications. Let them do their thing and have the opportunity to offer an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is writing a letter of interest viewed pre-interview? Does it appear desperate? Is it appropriate? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

If you are going to do, thought I would suggest not if you haven't been invited for an interview or put on wait list, make sure you check with the schools. Some schools directly say not to send any other secondary information and if you send another letter of interest they could just see it as you not being able to follow simple instructions.

How about a letter of interest if you got placed "on hold"? I haven't really heard much from a lot of schools and my application should have been considered complete around the second week of October. I understand waiting the approximate 3-5 weeks, but I'm just sitting around... I could be sending in letters of interest. Also, should I start calling the schools to inquire where I am on their list of being reviewed or deferred? I don't want to seem annoying yet, but a little push in my application wouldn't hurt, right?