Letter of rec from community pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dextroam11

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have strong interest in the acute care and planning to apply for PGY1 programs this year.

So far, I only had 2 acute care rotations and rests were community pharmacies. I have other acute care rotations after my residency application is due.

I was wondering if getting a letter of rec from community pharmacy preceptors would help me
(I did my community pharmacy rotations at CVS and a specialty pharmacy mainly doing phone counseling for chemotherapy drugs)

So far, i have 2 preceptors from acute care willing to write me one. From whom should I get my 3rd letter from? community pharmacy preceptor? (my other option is my research project preceptor or hospital operation rotation which will start in November and end during mid-December)

Will getting a letter from community pharmacy preceptor not help me at all for acute care programs?
 
It's fine if you did exceptionally on your rotation. I had a community preceptor write me one and I matched.