Letter of rec from community pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dextroam11

Reaction score
I have strong interest in the acute care and planning to apply for PGY1 programs this year.

So far, I only had 2 acute care rotations and rests were community pharmacies. I have other acute care rotations after my residency application is due.

I was wondering if getting a letter of rec from community pharmacy preceptors would help me
(I did my community pharmacy rotations at CVS and a specialty pharmacy mainly doing phone counseling for chemotherapy drugs)

So far, i have 2 preceptors from acute care willing to write me one. From whom should I get my 3rd letter from? community pharmacy preceptor? (my other option is my research project preceptor or hospital operation rotation which will start in November and end during mid-December)

Will getting a letter from community pharmacy preceptor not help me at all for acute care programs?

Members don't see this ad.

It's fine if you did exceptionally on your rotation. I had a community preceptor write me one and I matched.