Letter of Rec Question

Started by el guapo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

el guapo

Board Certified x 2
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a LOR dilemma that has arisen and I can use some advice...

I have 3 excellent, personal and detailed letters scanned in my ERAS file and sent to programs. I also have an excellent, very generic letter from the Chair of Anesth. at my home school that I scanned early on and is also selected. I have been waiting for a letter to be returned from a visiting rotation, that is written by a well known Chair who worked closely with me...it is on the way now and should also be very good.

For obvious reasons, I would like to use the new letter rather than the generic letter, but my Dean's Office tells me once a letter has been selected and scanned, you cannot replace it, and I am capped by ERAS at 4. I know I can bring the new letter to interviews, and I have some great interview offers, but that last letter should put me over the hump and secure interview at the tip top places I have been waiting for.

Anyone who has been in this position? What are my other options?


Best of luck to all out there... 👍