Letter of Recommendation Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navybluedreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

For one of my LORs, I was looking to ask a PT I worked with several years ago in an outpatient clinic. However, that was when I younger, and not in my prime. Also, it's been several years and I have spoken to him once or twice, but are contact has been limited. Currently, I am employed as a tech at an inpatient facility, and I feel like I'm much more mature and show a better diversity of character, skills, and passion towards the field. BUT, the two main PTs I work with currently were raised with English being their second language, and moved to the US 5-10 years ago. So I'm afraid that their LORs may have grammatical and cogency issues.

What do y'all advise I should do in this predicament?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

LOR is mainly a form to pick and click rating system followed by a section to write a "letter."

Maybe it's just because there have been some recent LOR threads, but from what I can tell, your application won't typically be that dependent on LORs. You're better off worrying that your essay is cogent. There is undoubtedly a debate on this but I'd hazard a guess that most LORs are just gonna say more or less the same thing. Yes, there may be stand-outs but with so many applications, I'd say redundant letters are a majority rather than everyone being special flowers.

whoever is most likely to check the "highly recommend" box.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I visited a school several weeks ago, and they said that the admissions department actually puts forth an effort to read LORs. So based on this information, and your advice, do you guys I should just go with the "second language PTs"?

I agree with the above. Go with whoever is going to beam about you more.