Letter of recommendation options

Started by bochaw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bochaw

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hellow,
since fellowship season is coming near. I want to ask a question regarding letter of recommendation.
I have 1 PD letter, 1 research letter, and 1 letter from chief of the subspecialty from my institution. As for my 4th clinical LoR, i have 2 options:
1. not well known attending in the subspecialty (recent graduate) but wrote personal letter for me
2. a fellowship PD from a well known institution. He showed me his letter. He wrote a generic letter, but all positive value (great enthusiasm, very good clinical knowledge etc). I also noticed some grammatical error in the letter (like extra comma, "has showed instead of has shown"). I don't really feel comfortable asking him to revise the letter and he is already very old like 70+.
any idea which one should i pick? Thanks
 
Last edited: