Letter of Recommendation Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johndooe9

Reaction score
Hello!
I will have a letter of recommendation from a non-science professor, and I will have a letter of recommendation from the biochemistry professor with whose research lab I am in. I have not taken any STEM classes with my PI, but I am wondering whether his recommendation letter counts as a science recommendation letter?
Additionally, I am trying to get a letter of recommendation from the head of the learning assistant program, which I was a part of. She is a physics professor, and I was a learning assistant for biology and chemistry, and I received credit for these classes as part of the learning assistant program. Would this letter be considered as a science recommendation letter or an extracurricular letter?
Lastly, if neither of the letters from my PI nor the head of the learning assistant program count as science letters, I will likely only be able to obtain a science letter by mid-July. Will this significantly impact the processing of my application? (I will have submitted my other letters of recommendation and primary application by May and June.)

Members don't see this ad.