Letter of Reference from Professor Question

Started by ktachiba
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ktachiba

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

Does it matter which professor you get a letter of recommendation from? I'm thinking about asking my Physics professor because he knows me pretty well, and I like him as a teacher. However, I might get a B in his class. Should I ask a LOR from a professor whose class I achieved an A grade in? Or do schools prefer that you ask your anatomy or physiology professor for a LOR since those pre-requisite classes are most important for PT school.


Thanks,

Kevin
 
It's best to get an LOR from your A&P professor but your physics professor should suffice as well. If the physics professor knows you better and knows what kind of student you are, then ask him to write it, not the other professor who barely knows you.