Letter without signature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maximum00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just received an email that one of my letters is missing signature. The professor called AADSAS if he could edit the letter, but they said it is already verified and submitted, so he can't.

Has anyone gone through similar situation like me? Any inputs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If he can't edit then they should be able to remove it and let him resubmit it.

If you already paid and they sent the application to schools then it is probably too late.

First instance I ever heard of a Professor forgetting to sign their name. That's crazy.

I have heard of headers missing.

Both are not ideal. You should fix it as it may impact a school from giving you the best consideration and invitation for interview.

Best of luck.

You might let schools know of the issue and then be able to coordinate sending the letter directly to the schools. One of the schools I applied to had me get all of my letter writers to send them the letters through email first since I was applying late and they didn't care to wait for aadsas.

Members don't see this ad :)
If he can't edit then they should be able to remove it and let him resubmit it.

If you already paid and they sent the application to schools then it is probably too late.

First instance I ever heard of a Professor forgetting to sign their name. That's crazy.

I have heard of headers missing.

Both are not ideal. You should fix it as it may impact a school from giving you the best consideration and invitation for interview.

Best of luck.

I noticed the headers are missing on one of mine and I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago. No school has said anything and I've received a few supplemental to complete but now you have me worried. Should I do anything now or just wait to see if a school wants it fixed? I am sure the professor used letterhead but he must have failed to fill out something.

I noticed the headers are missing on one of mine and I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago. No school has said anything and I've received a few supplemental to complete but now you have me worried. Should I do anything now or just wait to see if a school wants it fixed? I am sure the professor used letterhead but he must have failed to fill out something.

I would leave it as is. By headers, I mean on the actual letter itself. Just in case I wasn't clear or we are talking about different things.

Don't lose sleep over it.

I would leave it as is. By headers, I mean on the actual letter itself. Just in case I wasn't clear or we are talking about different things.

Don't lose sleep over it.
I meant in my app - the occupation, professional title, and organization is missing on one of them. They were submitted directly to ADEA. Perhaps I should call ADEA just in case?

I meant in my app - the occupation, professional title, and organization is missing on one of them. They were submitted directly to ADEA. Perhaps I should call ADEA just in case?

Doubt they will edit that and it's not a big deal at all. The schools probably wouldn't even notice it as they're looking at stats, the actual letters, your personal statement, and experience.

You're good!

Best of luck.