Letter writer & URM question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDSwan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether a gerontology professor would be classified as a science or non-science letter writer? The course the teach is death & dying in contemporary society. I'm hoping to use it as non-science letter!

Also, I've seen that Native Hawaiian was an URM prior to 2003, is it still URM? I've looked a bit and haven't found anything concrete.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know whether a gerontology professor would be classified as a science or non-science letter writer? The course the teach is death & dying in contemporary society. I'm hoping to use it as non-science letter!

Also, I've seen that Native Hawaiian was an URM prior to 2003, is it still URM? I've looked a bit and haven't found anything concrete.

Thanks in advance!
It looks non-science to me. Native Hawaiian is priority for Burns, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users

Thanks in advance!
Depends on the school too. Some will include Pacific Islander (including Native Hawaii'an) under their classification of URM as part of their recruitment efforts. My school does at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like my mentor to write one of my science LOEs but I'm not sure if it would be called a science letter.

He's an adjunct professor that teaches a motor development and a motor learning course through the department of kinesiology.

Thoughts? @gyngyn @gonnif

Thanks!

I'd like my mentor to write one of my science LOEs but I'm not sure if it would be called a science letter.

He's an adjunct professor that teaches a motor development and a motor learning course through the department of kinesiology.

Thoughts? @gyngyn @gonnif

Thanks!
Non-science.