Letters of Interest Question (reapplication)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dayne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to get some opinions on letters of interest.

First of all, I applied last year, and was interviewed at a couple of schools, was waitlisted, and then ultimately not accepted. Since last year, I've improved my MCAT score from 30O (10, 10, 10) to 33R (11,11,11), completed credits in English (prerequisites), and have added more clinical and community volunteering experience to my application.

I was thinking about writing some letters of interest to the schools that I interviewed at last year. Is this a good idea? Moreover, if I were to do so, would it be a good idea to mention that I have already interviewed at their school and how my application has improved since last year?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you applied last cycle, they know. It would be in your best interest to talk as much as you can about what you've improved in the interim, because that's what they want to know.

If you applied last cycle, they know. It would be in your best interest to talk as much as you can about what you've improved in the interim, because that's what they want to know.

Yea, most schools usually want to see how you have improved your application from previous years.

Yeah, I will definitely be mentioning how I think that I've improved my application since last year in my LOI's. Thanks!