Letters of rec from community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

parisg3

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that these types of letters should be fine if you get to know them and vice versa but I'm wondering if it matters that the professor has a Masters vs a PhD?
 
In my opinion that shouldn't matter that much. Especially right now, where the PT's with the most experience are the ones who have their Masters.
 
Absolutely not. All that matters is that the professor can attest to your drive and work ethic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My prof (MS) was the only one that wrote me a STRONG LoR, compared to the PTs that only wrote meh ones. Still got in so no it shouldn't matter.
 
I had one LOR from a teacher I took a class from at a community college. I was accepted into 4 programs so I don't think it matters.