Letters of Rec, have to use AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VijayEM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I just use my school's service to send out my letters of recs? My school has forms and everything to give to my professors....and after they recieve them they will rank all of them....to see which one is best. then I can specify which dental school for them to send. I just wanted to know if school's require recs to be sent from the applicatino service aadsas. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My # is 2274 (submitted Aug 6). But, I haven't sent in my LORs yet because I am waiting for my fouth one to come in. My professor just contacted me that he will send it in to my school letter service center soon. I am planning on sending LORs to every school I am applying. It will cost me a bit, but I am afraid that if I send it to aadsas it will take longer for the schools to receive it. But, I am getting nervous because I am not sure whether I should send the LORs that I have in file now and the last one later when it comes in, or wait a bit longer and send all together.

Do you guys think sending LORs now is late? But, the schools didn't even recieve my application till last week when I checked last. I am not sure if my application has been sent out yet. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would wait for your last letter before sending it. That way you can be sure every school receives all your letters at the same time. However, if your prof takes too long I would send whatever you have with a note that there will be another one coming soon. It's a small price to pay to be sure your LORs got there.

It's funny, every school that I sent my LOR's without AADSAS I already got an interview (except boston).

DesiDentist

It really is odd that the problems with AADSAS seem to have no correlation with when people applied. Some people who sent their LORs in during the beginning of June are having terrible problems with getting their info sent to schools. I also applied the first day and I had no problems at all.

It's kind of discouraging to know that the fate of your application is really left up to a whim.