1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

**Letters of Rec***

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dmd1272, Mar 13, 2002.

1. dmd1272

dmd1272 Member
    7+ Year Member

Fellow SDN'rs, need advice.... My overall gpa is like a 3.0(umass-amherst) or so my science(florida international univ.) gpa is about a 2.7 or so, I'm going to retake some of the classes again during the summer term. I can get a 2 letters of recs from dentists but how do I approach a letter of rec from a professor, if I only got a "B" on the class... and since I'm only at FIU part time I don't really have an ongoing relationships with any professor nor the pre-dental advisor there, how can I approach this situation and still come out ok, advice please...
    :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dental

dental Member
    7+ Year Member

don't worry about the grade you got from the prof.
    just approach the prof and set a time so you two can talk about your future in dentistry
    the prof would probably be more than happy to help you out

4. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

dmd
    I agree--the B in the class doesnt' matter at all.
    I mean what if it was a course in Ochem!!!
    Why don't you meet up with your old professor..start with an email saying that you are interested in dentistry and would like a letter of rec. however, you have not been around for whatever reason......but would like to meet up w/ the professor to catch up on things and explain your position right now. Also give him plenty of info on you--like your resume, transcript, etc... Goodluck