letters of Recomendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FUTURE 3000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, im international dentist would like to know can we send copies of letter of recomendations to dental schools or is it a must i send orginal ones ? i value all ur advice and experiance on that

Members don't see this ad.

You must send the original ones in a sealed unopened envelope !
No photocopies !

does all sental schools required orginal ones ? bec in my university they get us letters just 5 universities at the time ...so does some dental school accepet copies ?

Members don't see this ad :)
does some dental schools accepet copies of the letters of recomendation ?? bec my university is a pain to get on orginal letters of recomendation bec our university get us letters for 5 universities at a time ..

hi, can u please educate me about "letters of recommendation".

does some dental schools accepet copies of the letters of recomendation ?? bec my university is a pain to get on orginal letters of recomendation bec our university get us letters for 5 universities at a time ..

some dental schools can accept coppies, you have to contact them and they will let you know, plus if you applied through CAAPID you don't have to send them anything, because it will be send through CAAPID

some dental schools can accept coppies, you have to contact them and they will let you know, plus if you applied through CAAPID you don't have to send them anything, because it will be send through CAAPID

may i ask what u meant if i applied throught caapid i dont have to send anything :rolleyes:? do u mean that if i applied throught cappid i just can send copies to cappid and cappid send then to dental schools ? hope u explain what u meant ....thx

may i ask what u meant if i applied throught caapid i dont have to send anything :rolleyes:? do u mean that if i applied throught cappid i just can send copies to cappid and cappid send then to dental schools ? hope u explain what u meant ....thx

yes exactly :)

Caapid is a centralised body that will send all ur application materials to the various schools u hv applied through dem....so in that case u will send the lors to caapid (prefreably original).....So u wont need to send stuff like lors and ece reports to individual schools............but u may need to send secondary application materials like nbde toefel scores which the schools want.....And there are a few schools which arent a part of caapid..u will have to send stuff to dem directly

Caapid is a centralised body that will send all ur application materials to the various schools u hv applied through dem....so in that case u will send the lors to caapid (prefreably original).....So u wont need to send stuff like lors and ece reports to individual schools............but u may need to send secondary application materials like nbde toefel scores which the schools want.....And there are a few schools which arent a part of caapid..u will have to send stuff to dem directly

can we send copies of LORs to dental schools throught caapid?

will they accept LOR that was over 1 year old? It is hard to get the recent LOR from your home country when you dont live there anymore. thanks..

Should the letters of recomendation be typed or handwritten ??? i know this is a stupid question but i m new to this NBDE stuff so please help me

Usually it's typed( that way there's no confusion)/ electronic.
I don't know if that's mandatory.

Some schools ask for a hard copy of LOR's even though they've already received a copy throught CAAPID. I think pretty much every single CA school ask for the letters.

The best way to submitt your letters to CAAPID (faster/safer) would be eletronically, this is my personal opinion.

About the letters that will be send to school why don't save some time and if possible get them date/signed/stamped/sealed, and the stamped/signed across the seal! =D
Some schools might be really picky about that so if it can be done I'm pretty sure no one will reject one of these...

For a better idea about LOR's I suggest going direct to school's websites as well as CAAPID instructions. Getting to know what they ask for is part of the application process too...