Help! I have a question about letters of evaluation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perioq

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm planning to apply to AP program next year. When I read the ADEA CAAPID, I found some programs need a letter from dean and two letters from dental faculty. I got my bachalor degree from one foreign dental school, and got a science master degree in another dental school. One of my former classmates said that the dean's letter should only be submitted from my first dental school. I wonder if I can ask faculty from the second dental school(the one I got my master degree) to write evaluation letter for me. Is that acceptable? Anyone has similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

When you graduated from a foreign school you have the option to request to be exempt for this requirement. I went through this hassle for over a month trying to get the Dean from my dental school back home to do the ADEA pass process and after she finally got to it, she figured they asked questions about my scores on the NBDE and other questions she was confused and ended up not doing much.
I ended up requesting to be exempt and I summited my app like that. I was call for an interview to the program I was applying for.
Hope this info helps

Any dean or faculty will do. No one is going to go into detail, there will be hundreds of applications.
The most important is what is in the letter