Letters of Recommendation - Addressing Issue

Started by IrishCogs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IrishCogs

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to about 10 postbacc programs, some of them require mailed letters of recommendation.. I am sending my recommenders pre-addressed and stamped envelopes. Do I add my own address as the return address - or the recommenders address? How will the admissions office know that it is a letter for me without opening the letter? Just seems like a large pain for them and that there would be a better system.
 
Have you looked into interfolio? Unless there is a specific form they need to fill out, it should help you out tremendously.
 
I'm applying to about 10 postbacc programs, some of them require mailed letters of recommendation.. I am sending my recommenders pre-addressed and stamped envelopes. Do I add my own address as the return address - or the recommenders address? How will the admissions office know that it is a letter for me without opening the letter? Just seems like a large pain for them and that there would be a better system.

Interfolio.