Letters of Recommendation/ Dean's Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psalm128

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG in AUstralia who is applying for next year's match. Where do I send these letters to? Do I send the original or just a copy? OR
is my medical school supposed to send these letters on behalf of me?
What if I didn't match next year? Do I need to get more letters or will the ones for next year still stay in the "data bank"?
thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

psalm128 said:
I am an IMG in AUstralia who is applying for next year's match. Where do I send these letters to? Do I send the original or just a copy? OR
is my medical school supposed to send these letters on behalf of me?
What if I didn't match next year? Do I need to get more letters or will the ones for next year still stay in the "data bank"?
thanks for your help.

If you are applying through ERAS, the letters are sent to their office, ORIGINALS please, and then downloaded to all the programs to which you apply. Each letter should be accompanied by a signed statement which says you have not seen the letters (ie, the letters need to be sent directly from the writer or from your Dean's office in Oz). Thus, your medical school needs to send the letters to ERAS on your behalf. Please check with ECFMG to see if the letters need to go there first and then THEY send them to ERAS. I cannot remember the procedure.

If you don't match, you can use the same letters, as ECFMG should have copies as well, as will your school, or you can provide new ones.