Letters of Recommendation

Started by Dazzling
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dazzling

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to LOTS of places (first for 2012-2013 masters programs in the coming weeks and then med schools for the first time this summer). Obviously it would be unreasonable to ask my professors to send ~30 letters each.

Questions 1 & 2: What is a reasonable way to go about sending the letters? I've heard of Interfolio, but do ALL schools accept it?

Question 3: can I just use the letters that my professors write intended for the masters program and send it to med schools? Or do I need each professor to write 2 letters each?

Question 4: do you think it's better to have 3 science professors to write the letters or should I toss in a non-science professor into the mix?

Thanks much.
 
I'm applying to LOTS of places (first for 2012-2013 masters programs in the coming weeks and then med schools for the first time this summer). Obviously it would be unreasonable to ask my professors to send ~30 letters each.

Questions 1 & 2: What is a reasonable way to go about sending the letters? I've heard of Interfolio, but do ALL schools accept it?

Question 3: can I just use the letters that my professors write intended for the masters program and send it to med schools? Or do I need each professor to write 2 letters each?

Question 4: do you think it's better to have 3 science professors to write the letters or should I toss in a non-science professor into the mix?

Thanks much.

1) Interfolio seems to be the go-to. I'm almost positive that every program accepts it.

3) Eh, it depends. The more targeted and specific the letter is, the better.

4) From what I've read, 2 science 1 non-science is best, especially if you're just graduating school