Letters of Req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diidy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that most of the schools are requiring a letter of req from a certified Podiatrist, but I do not know any. Should I locate a mentor? How do I go about finding one that will be willing to help me and write me a letter of req?

Anyone else out there apply without sending a LOR from a podiatrist?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed that most of the schools are requiring a letter of req from a certified Podiatrist, but I do not know any. Should I locate a mentor? How do I go about finding one that will be willing to help me and write me a letter of req?

Anyone else out there apply without sending a LOR from a podiatrist?

I do not recommend applying without shaddowing. How do you know podiatry is for you? How do you know you will like the profession? It is a big risk to take and lots of money at stake.

TO locate a mentor call any ofthe podiatry schools that you are looking to apply to and ask them for a podiatrist in your community. Ask for a recent graduate and maybe an older one as well to see the difference and maybe even shaddow a resident.

Thanks for the reply. I found 2 podiatrists in my area and will shadow both within the next month. Hopefully, by the time I send out my app there will still be seats left. I really want it!!!!