Letters to Deans of Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask for your opinion... do you think it may be helpful to send in letters of interest to the actual deans of admissions of those schools from who we still did not hear? I sent in a letter of interest to several schools, but I adressed each letter to the admissions committee. Do you think it will be helpful to reiterate my interst with a specific letter to the dean?

I have yet to hear from:

Tufts
Sinai
NYMC
Drexel
Creighton
UMDNJ-NJM
Temple

Thanks everyone. Best wishes to you all.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote a letter (email) to the dean at BU and he got right back to me and offered me an interview. I'd say it's worth a shot.

Hi Zeke,

I think I will do that also :) I was wondering, how do you get the emails of the deans? I did not really see them listed on school websites...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey zekemd

what did you say in your letter or email to the dean.
just that your really interested and stuff?

My situation was different. I posted on this before and you can do a search. BU lost my application fee twice. I emailed the dean and he offered me an interview. I was nice, but I did not specifically request an interview, I just expressed my continued interest. Beponychick, I found the email addy on the schools website...no tricks there.