Level 2, Comsae form D help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trs88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I need some help. I need some study tips for Form D that is due Mid April.

In order to take level 2 comlex, our school has us take Comsae form D but we have to score a 500 in order to take level 2 as scheduled or they will delay when you take it. Normally that's a good thing, except for my case. I'm already 2 rotations behind my classmates and while they are taking Comlex 2 in May/early June; I'm not taking it until the last day in July. Then, 2 weeks later it's my Usmle 2.

For delayed students, we aren't supposed to take form D until June based on a schedule the Dean made, so I emailed my Dean to confirm my status.........and I'm scheduled for April with the rest of my class.

So, I would humbly like to ask for any tips, suggestions, or which high yield topics to review.

Ps: I haven't had Peds, Surgery, or Psych rotations before I take it. Nor have I looked at OPP.

PPS: I forgot the worst part and why I'm asking for help. The weekend it's due, I'm going home for a family visit because I'm taking Usmle CS then.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I haven't really started my level 2 prep/haven't take any COMSAEs yet so sorry I can't really help in regard to your main question.

Can you confirm with your dean's office that this is the schedule you have to stick with, and/or why it was changed from the original plan you were informed would take place?

Also, are you really taking CS or did you mean COMLEX PE? If you're taking CS, can I ask why? Might be more extraneous stress than it's worth as a DO student from what I've heard.

Hey, I haven't really started my level 2 prep/haven't take any COMSAEs yet so sorry I can't really help in regard to your main question.

Can you confirm with your dean's office that this is the schedule you have to stick with, and/or why it was changed from the original plan you were informed would take place?

Also, are you really taking CS or did you mean COMLEX PE? If you're taking CS, can I ask why? Might be more extraneous stress than it's worth as a DO student from what I've heard.

Sadly yes, I did reach out to my Dean earlier (prior to this thread) to make sure that I'm supposed to take it with everyone else and he hasn't responded to my emails. So, I'm not really sure how many emails I'm supposed to send regarding this matter.

You are correct, I am taking both comlex PE and usmle CS. I reached out to my #1 of #1 residency programs and asked what requirements are needed for a DO student as they are an acgme program. For a DO student, they want usmle 1, usmle 2 CK, usmle 2 CS. At a later point, I even double checked that they wanted CS for DO students and then confirmed it again, they want CS for DO students. I'm assuming it's because of the merger because this is the first time they have made such a requirement for DO students.

Sadly yes, I did reach out to my Dean earlier (prior to this thread) to make sure that I'm supposed to take it with everyone else and he hasn't responded to my emails. So, I'm not really sure how many emails I'm supposed to send regarding this matter.

You are correct, I am taking both comlex PE and usmle CS. I reached out to my #1 of #1 residency programs and asked what requirements are needed for a DO student as they are an acgme program. For a DO student, they want usmle 1, usmle 2 CK, usmle 2 CS. At a later point, I even double checked that they wanted CS for DO students and then confirmed it again, they want CS for DO students. I'm assuming it's because of the merger because this is the first time they have made such a requirement for DO students.

I'm sorry, that sounds really frustrating. Anyone you can contact who might be able to help (i.e. administrative assistant or someone who is not directly the Dean)? I'm sure you've already thought about this but just trying to brain storm. It doesn't seem fair that you should have to take/pass a COMSAE at this point when you still haven't had a good chunk of third year core rotations.

And yikes. I've never heard of a residency requiring CS for DO students so now I'm kind of freaked out! Thanks for sharing about that.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry, that sounds really frustrating. Anyone you can contact who might be able to help (i.e. administrative assistant or someone who is not directly the Dean)? I'm sure you've already thought about this but just trying to brain storm. It doesn't seem fair that you should have to take/pass a COMSAE at this point when you still haven't had a good chunk of third year core rotations.

And yikes. I've never heard of a residency requiring CS for DO students so now I'm kind of freaked out! Thanks for sharing about that.

I agree, it really isn't fair. Tomorrow's a holiday, so Monday I'll try reaching out to some of the staff members who handle the comats and see what their thoughts are. I already know I wont be the only one not hitting the mark; I spoke to a classmate today about it and IM is his very last rotation, and he'll only of been on it a week before the comsae is scheduled :/

I'd PM you the website to the program, but it only lists "usmle 1 and usmle 2 scores". I had to email and ask: what requirements they would like. Then the second email was to confirm that they wanted CK and CS. So I highly doubt that there are that many more programs out there that require a DO to take usmle CS. So, if you've got a couple of #1's out there, it might not hurt to double check what the unlisted requirements are.