Levothyroxine IV to PO conversion

Started by rxkrafted
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rxkrafted

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently studyin for the 2016 NAPLEX and i came across a discrepancy with the RxPrep resource. I've always learned in school and from the 2014 RxPrep that the conversion was 1:2. The 2016 RxPrep says that the conversion is 0.75:1. I tried looking into the ATA guidelines as well but could not find any information that states this change. Could someone clarify this for me please?
 
We are conservative and do 50% reduction. If a pt gets a bit of a lower dose for a few days, it's OK.
 
My director says its ok to even hold it for a few days d/t half life. *rolls eyes* I think each IV vial is like $100