Liability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyandseventytwo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see I've let my HPSO policy lapse. They ask a compounding question on their quote tool (that I believe is meant for retail), that if I answer truthfully renders me uninsurable. Who's everyone using these days? Proliability (Mercer) is cheaper, I can't get a quote to come through on Pharmacists Mutual. Any other recs?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
what type of compounding? What was the question?

years ago because of the New England disaster- IV compounding coverage cost like 4x as much, so I moved from pharmacist mutual to HPSO- but now I don't do any IV compounding (other than the rare TPA in the ED) - which really isn't compounding, it is reconstitution.

what type of compounding? What was the question?

years ago because of the New England disaster- IV compounding coverage cost like 4x as much, so I moved from pharmacist mutual to HPSO- but now I don't do any IV compounding (other than the rare TPA in the ED) - which really isn't compounding, it is reconstitution.
Can't remember the exact verbiage, but something like: 1) Do you compound or supervise the preparation of compounded products? 2) Is all compounding made pursuant to a prescription for a specific patient.

I don't do either on a routine basis, but if I'm covering an evening or weekend or something I occasionally check a sterile product. And let's just say our IV room would make for a "WTF were they thinking?" Pharmacy Times article.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I use Pharmacist mutual but I don't do sterile compounding. You should call them for that.

Reactions: 1 user
I use NOW insurance but I do not know all the ins and outs of what is covered. I don't so sterile compounding anymore so I don't need to worry about that.

I've got pharmacist mutual for liability, home, and auto lol

Seriously? I have HPSO and I'm sure I've answered yes to the compounding question, and I get my renewal each year.