Liability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunnyandseventytwo

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see I've let my HPSO policy lapse. They ask a compounding question on their quote tool (that I believe is meant for retail), that if I answer truthfully renders me uninsurable. Who's everyone using these days? Proliability (Mercer) is cheaper, I can't get a quote to come through on Pharmacists Mutual. Any other recs?
 
what type of compounding? What was the question?

years ago because of the New England disaster- IV compounding coverage cost like 4x as much, so I moved from pharmacist mutual to HPSO- but now I don't do any IV compounding (other than the rare TPA in the ED) - which really isn't compounding, it is reconstitution.
 
what type of compounding? What was the question?

years ago because of the New England disaster- IV compounding coverage cost like 4x as much, so I moved from pharmacist mutual to HPSO- but now I don't do any IV compounding (other than the rare TPA in the ED) - which really isn't compounding, it is reconstitution.
Can't remember the exact verbiage, but something like: 1) Do you compound or supervise the preparation of compounded products? 2) Is all compounding made pursuant to a prescription for a specific patient.

I don't do either on a routine basis, but if I'm covering an evening or weekend or something I occasionally check a sterile product. And let's just say our IV room would make for a "WTF were they thinking?" Pharmacy Times article.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously? I have HPSO and I'm sure I've answered yes to the compounding question, and I get my renewal each year.